職責描述： The Mechanical Category Manager is responsible for the development and execution of sourcing strategies to leverage relationships within and across the business enterprise to achieve best total value. Includes Category and or Commodity Management strategies and execution, supplier relationship management, negotiation, risk management and supply base performance management. Individual is responsible for the complete range of strategic sourcing activities including spend analysis, strategy formulation, contract negotiations, and supplier quality / performance within a matrix driven organization. The Category Manager is supervised by an experienced Global Category Leader but is expected to perform complex and time sensitive tasks, both strategic and tactical, with a high degree of skill based on their knowledge and skill in procurement, their general business and technical knowledge, and high ethical standards.
The Mechanical Category Manager may be responsible for managing annual spend of approximately $200M:
Strategic responsibilities include:
· Recognized as subject matter expert (SME) for Mechanical Components. (Sheet metal, EMI/RFI shielding, enclosures, casings, jigs, tooling, fixtures, injection molding, plastic parts, hardware and die-casting)
· Build cost models to validate commodity strategies and to understand cost drivers.
· Analyze global material acquisition and develop strategic plans for maximizing efficiencies and maintaining a high quality of customer service.
· Demonstrate accountability and knowledge on competitor analysis, market, benchmarks, legislation and drivers of their commodities.
· Facilitate cost-based negotiations culminating in long-term agreements with strategic suppliers.
· Develop global category strategy with aggressive targets aligned with global commodity management and business needs, and challenge and review it on a regular basis with CommScope Business goals.
· Develop a global strategy to manage the relationship with key suppliers who have been selected.
· Participate in the development of the Global Category Strategy plan (2 & 5 year plans)
· Lead the source selection process for NPI programs, using existing preferred suppliers and/or new technology leaders. Prepare evaluations for senior team to justify supplier selections.
· Negotiate commercial agreements such as Commercial Supplier Agreement.
· Develop and provide expert-level category knowledge, with knowledge of the supply base and global market (prices and practices)
任職要求： BS in Mechanical Engineering BS in Business, Supply Chain Management preferred Minimum 7 years of direct experience managing mechanical suppliers Demonstrated experience in managing cost reductions and material availability The ideal individuals will have a focus on any of the following: CNC machined parts, sheet metal, enclosures, casings, jigs, tooling, fixtures, injection molding, plastic parts, die-casting and hardware. Demonstrated negotiating skills and improving lead-time while developing a collaborative relationship with suppliers Must be able to construct value stream industry maps and utilize advance financial techniques. Disarming personal approach enabling the establishment and leveraging of relationships across many plants, countries and cultures. A true builder of consensus and driver of teams. Self-starter with high degree of motivation who can operate with minimal supervision.Open personality that is naturally curious to learn yet very focused on essential activities as agreed with management. A closer that gets the job done. Demonstrated history of being a team player in a cross-matrix organization.Preferred Qualifications CPSM credentials (strongly desirable) Strong organizational, motivation and communication skills. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Strong leadership qualities. Knowledge of contract law